Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Metro Bank Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Metro Bank Plc managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Metro Bank Plc competitive advantage and long term profitability in Banks industry.
Brief overview of Metro Bank Plc
Metro Bank Plc is one of the leading firms in the Banks. Over the years Metro Bank Plc has redefined the ways of doing business in Financials. Metro Bank Plc is listed at London Stock Exchange (LSE) and have a market cap $ 4131.58 million (USD).
Order Now - Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study Solution
Order Now - Metro Bank Plc Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Metro Bank Plc can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Banks industry. Managers at Metro Bank Plc can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Banks industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Financials sector.
Metro Bank Plc Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Financials Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Banks brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Metro Bank Plc through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Metro Bank Plc has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Metro Bank Plc can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Metro Bank Plc ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Metro Bank Plc keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Banks industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Metro Bank Plc can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Financials sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Banks field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Banks.
How Metro Bank Plc can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Metro Bank Plc can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Metro Bank Plc profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Metro Bank Plc the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Metro Bank Plc can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Metro Bank Plc keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Metro Bank Plc to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Metro Bank Plc can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Metro Bank Plc operates in a very competitive Banks industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Metro Bank Plc can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Banks industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Metro Bank Plc
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Metro Bank Plc strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Banks industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Metro Bank Plc 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Metro Bank Plc Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Caterpillar Tunnelling: Revitalizing User Adoption of Business Intelligence case study solution
- Building a Cluster: Electronics and Information Technology in Costa Rica case study solution
- Thurgood Marshall High School case study solution
- Vodafone in Egypt: National crises and their implications for multinational corporations (B), Spanish Version case study solution
- Lesser Antilles Lines: The Island of San Huberto (C) case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Metal Tiger Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mercia Technologies Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Merchants Trust Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mercantile Investment Trust (The) Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Menhaden Capital Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
Next 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Middlefield Canadian Income Pcc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mid-Wynd International Investment Trust Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mila Resources Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mineral & Financial Investments Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Mithras Investment Trust Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis