Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Africa Opportunity Fund Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Africa Opportunity Fund Limited managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Africa Opportunity Fund Limited competitive advantage and long term profitability in Financial Services industry.
Brief overview of Africa Opportunity Fund Limited
Africa Opportunity Fund Limited is one of the leading firms in the Financial Services. Over the years Africa Opportunity Fund Limited has redefined the ways of doing business in Financials. Africa Opportunity Fund Limited is listed at London Stock Exchange (LSE) and have a market cap $ 47.53 million (USD).
Order Now - Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study Solution
Order Now - Africa Opportunity Fund Limited Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
In his revolutionary article in Harvard Business Review (HBR) - "Five Forces that Shape Strategy", Michael Porter observed five forces that have significant impact on a firm's profitability in its industry. These five forces analysis today in business world is also known as -Porter Five Forces Analysis. The Porter Five (5) Forces are -
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Financial Services industry. Managers at Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Financial Services industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Financials sector.
Africa Opportunity Fund Limited Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Financials Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Financial Services brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Africa Opportunity Fund Limited through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Africa Opportunity Fund Limited has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Africa Opportunity Fund Limited ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Africa Opportunity Fund Limited keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Financial Services industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Financials sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Financial Services field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Financial Services.
How Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Africa Opportunity Fund Limited profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Africa Opportunity Fund Limited the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Africa Opportunity Fund Limited keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Africa Opportunity Fund Limited to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Africa Opportunity Fund Limited operates in a very competitive Financial Services industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Africa Opportunity Fund Limited can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Financial Services industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Africa Opportunity Fund Limited
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Africa Opportunity Fund Limited strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Financial Services industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Africa Opportunity Fund Limited 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Africa Opportunity Fund Limited Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Higashimaru Shoyu Co. Ltd. (A): Price Control System case study solution
- Summit Partners--The FleetCor Investment (A) case study solution
- Southeastern Mills: The Improvement Journey (C) case study solution
- AIG - Blame for the Bailout case study solution
- Aegis Analytical Corporation's Strategic Alliances case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Afi Development Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Afh Financial Group Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Aew Uk Reit Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Aew Uk Long Lease Reit Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Advfn Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
Next 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Albion Development Vct Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Albion Enterprise Vct Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Albion Technology & General Vct Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Albion Venture Capital Tst Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Alcentra European Floating Rate Income Fund Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis