Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Avesoro Resources Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Avesoro Resources Inc. managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Avesoro Resources Inc. competitive advantage and long term profitability in Basic Resources industry.
Brief overview of Avesoro Resources Inc.
Avesoro Resources Inc. is one of the leading firms in the Basic Resources. Over the years Avesoro Resources Inc. has redefined the ways of doing business in Basic Materials. Avesoro Resources Inc. is listed at London Stock Exchange (LSE) and have a market cap $ 170.01 million (USD).
Order Now - Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study Solution
Order Now - Avesoro Resources Inc. Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
In his revolutionary article in Harvard Business Review (HBR) - "Five Forces that Shape Strategy", Michael Porter observed five forces that have significant impact on a firm's profitability in its industry. These five forces analysis today in business world is also known as -Porter Five Forces Analysis. The Porter Five (5) Forces are -
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Avesoro Resources Inc. can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Basic Resources industry. Managers at Avesoro Resources Inc. can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Basic Resources industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Basic Materials sector.
Avesoro Resources Inc. Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Basic Materials Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Basic Resources brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Avesoro Resources Inc. through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Avesoro Resources Inc. has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Avesoro Resources Inc. can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Avesoro Resources Inc. ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Avesoro Resources Inc. keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Basic Resources industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Avesoro Resources Inc. can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Basic Materials sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Basic Resources field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Basic Resources.
How Avesoro Resources Inc. can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Avesoro Resources Inc. can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Avesoro Resources Inc. profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Avesoro Resources Inc. the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Avesoro Resources Inc. can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Avesoro Resources Inc. keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Avesoro Resources Inc. to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Avesoro Resources Inc. can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Avesoro Resources Inc. operates in a very competitive Basic Resources industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Avesoro Resources Inc. can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Basic Resources industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Avesoro Resources Inc.
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Avesoro Resources Inc. strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Basic Resources industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Avesoro Resources Inc. 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Avesoro Resources Inc. Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Organizing for Innovation at Glenmark (A) case study solution
- Knowledge Management at Accenture case study solution
- Taking a Mexican Company Global-The CEMEX Way case study solution
- Booz.Allen & Hamilton: Vision 2000, Spanish Version case study solution
- Amisha Gupta's First Year at Work case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Aura Energy Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Atalaya Mining Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Asiamet Resources Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Asa Resource Group Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Arian Silver Corporation Porter Five Forces Analysis