Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Sirius Real Estate Ld Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Sirius Real Estate Ld managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Sirius Real Estate Ld competitive advantage and long term profitability in Real Estate industry.
Brief overview of Sirius Real Estate Ld
Sirius Real Estate Ld is one of the leading firms in the Real Estate. Over the years Sirius Real Estate Ld has redefined the ways of doing business in Financials. Sirius Real Estate Ld is listed at London Stock Exchange (LSE) and have a market cap $ 639.77 million (USD).
Order Now - Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study Solution
Order Now - Sirius Real Estate Ld Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
In his revolutionary article in Harvard Business Review (HBR) - "Five Forces that Shape Strategy", Michael Porter observed five forces that have significant impact on a firm's profitability in its industry. These five forces analysis today in business world is also known as -Porter Five Forces Analysis. The Porter Five (5) Forces are -
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Sirius Real Estate Ld can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Real Estate industry. Managers at Sirius Real Estate Ld can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Real Estate industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Financials sector.
Sirius Real Estate Ld Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Financials Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Real Estate brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Sirius Real Estate Ld through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Sirius Real Estate Ld has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Sirius Real Estate Ld can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Sirius Real Estate Ld ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Sirius Real Estate Ld keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Real Estate industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Sirius Real Estate Ld can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Financials sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Real Estate field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Real Estate.
How Sirius Real Estate Ld can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- By experimenting with product designs using different materials so that if the prices go up of one raw material then company can shift to another.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Sirius Real Estate Ld can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Sirius Real Estate Ld profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Sirius Real Estate Ld the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Sirius Real Estate Ld can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By building a large base of customers. This will be helpful in two ways. It will reduce the bargaining power of the buyers plus it will provide an opportunity to the firm to streamline its sales and production process.
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Sirius Real Estate Ld keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Sirius Real Estate Ld to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
When a new product or service meets a similar customer needs in different ways, industry profitability suffers. For example services like Dropbox and Google Drive are substitute to storage hardware drives. The threat of a substitute product or service is high if it offers a value proposition that is uniquely different from present offerings of the industry.
How Sirius Real Estate Ld can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Sirius Real Estate Ld operates in a very competitive Real Estate industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Sirius Real Estate Ld can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Real Estate industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
- Collaborating with competitors to increase the market size rather than just competing for small market.
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Sirius Real Estate Ld
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Sirius Real Estate Ld strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Real Estate industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Sirius Real Estate Ld 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Sirius Real Estate Ld Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- AW Ltd.: Managing Change case study solution
- Dragonfly: Developing a Proposal for an Uninhabited Aerial Vehicle (UAV) case study solution
- Boise Automation Canada Ltd.: The Lost Order at Northern Paper (B) case study solution
- British Steel Corp.: The Korf Contract case study solution
- Dansk Designs Ltd. case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Simian Global Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Silver Falcon Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Sigma Capital Group Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Shore Capital Group Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Shires Income Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
Next 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- South African Property Opportunities Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Specialist Investment Properties Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Spinnaker Opportunities Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Sqn Asset Finance Income Fund Limited Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Standard Chartered Plc Porter Five Forces Analysis