Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Vina Concha y Toro S.A. Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Vina Concha y Toro S.A. managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Vina Concha y Toro S.A. competitive advantage and long term profitability in Beverages - Brewers industry.
Brief overview of Vina Concha y Toro S.A.
Vina Concha y Toro S.A. is one of the leading firms in the Beverages - Brewers. Over the years Vina Concha y Toro S.A. has redefined the ways of doing business in Consumer Goods. Vina Concha y Toro S.A. is listed at New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have a market cap 1.16B USD.
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Beverages - Brewers industry. Managers at Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Beverages - Brewers industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Consumer Goods sector.
Vina Concha y Toro S.A. Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Consumer Goods Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Beverages - Brewers brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Vina Concha y Toro S.A. through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Vina Concha y Toro S.A. has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Vina Concha y Toro S.A. ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Vina Concha y Toro S.A. keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Beverages - Brewers industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Consumer Goods sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Beverages - Brewers field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Beverages - Brewers.
How Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Vina Concha y Toro S.A. profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Vina Concha y Toro S.A. the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Vina Concha y Toro S.A. keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Vina Concha y Toro S.A. to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Vina Concha y Toro S.A. operates in a very competitive Beverages - Brewers industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Vina Concha y Toro S.A. can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Beverages - Brewers industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Vina Concha y Toro S.A.
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Vina Concha y Toro S.A. strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Beverages - Brewers industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Vina Concha y Toro S.A. 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Vina Concha y Toro S.A. Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Vicks Health Care Division: Project Scorpio (A) case study solution
- Pricing and Partnership at Zillow, Inc. case study solution
- President's Choice Financial case study solution
- Ford vs. GM: The Evolution of Mass Production (B) case study solution
- Cisco Systems: New Millennium - New Acquisition Strategy? case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Visteon Corporation Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Universal Corporation Porter Five Forces Analysis
- UQM Technologies, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- UniFirst Corporation Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Unilever N.V. Porter Five Forces Analysis