Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. competitive advantage and long term profitability in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry.
Brief overview of Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp.
Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. is one of the leading firms in the Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified. Over the years Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. has redefined the ways of doing business in Industrial Goods. Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. is listed at New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have a market cap 12.81M USD.
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry. Managers at Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Industrial Goods sector.
Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Industrial Goods Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Industrial Goods sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified.
How Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. operates in a very competitive Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp.
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Aerospace/Defense - Major Diversified industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Blood Bananas: Chiquita in Colombia case study solution
- Siebel Systems: Partnering to Scale case study solution
- HP at a Strategic Crossroad: 2005 case study solution
- Flipkart: Transitioning to a Marketplace Model case study solution
- CA Technologies: Bringing the Cloud to Earth, Spanish Version case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Thermon Group Holdings, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Tecnoglass Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Triumph Group, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Tecogen Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Terex Corporation Porter Five Forces Analysis