Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Roper Technologies, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. Roper Technologies, Inc. managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing Roper Technologies, Inc. competitive advantage and long term profitability in Diversified Machinery industry.
Brief overview of Roper Technologies, Inc.
Roper Technologies, Inc. is one of the leading firms in the Diversified Machinery. Over the years Roper Technologies, Inc. has redefined the ways of doing business in Industrial Goods. Roper Technologies, Inc. is listed at New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have a market cap 23.85B USD.
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how Roper Technologies, Inc. can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Diversified Machinery industry. Managers at Roper Technologies, Inc. can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Diversified Machinery industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Industrial Goods sector.
Roper Technologies, Inc. Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Industrial Goods Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Diversified Machinery brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on Roper Technologies, Inc. through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. Roper Technologies, Inc. has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How Roper Technologies, Inc. can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy Roper Technologies, Inc. ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as Roper Technologies, Inc. keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Diversified Machinery industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins Roper Technologies, Inc. can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Industrial Goods sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Diversified Machinery field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Diversified Machinery.
How Roper Technologies, Inc. can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons Roper Technologies, Inc. can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on Roper Technologies, Inc. profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of Roper Technologies, Inc. the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How Roper Technologies, Inc. can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if Roper Technologies, Inc. keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of Roper Technologies, Inc. to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How Roper Technologies, Inc. can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. Roper Technologies, Inc. operates in a very competitive Diversified Machinery industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How Roper Technologies, Inc. can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Diversified Machinery industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on Roper Technologies, Inc.
By analyzing all the five competitive forces Roper Technologies, Inc. strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Diversified Machinery industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail Roper Technologies, Inc. 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order Roper Technologies, Inc. Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Joe Smith's Closing Analysis (B) case study solution
- Chemdex.com case study solution
- Internal Branding at Yahoo!: Crafting the Employee Value Proposition case study solution
- Suzuki Samurai, Supplement case study solution
- Cultural Change at Nissan Motors case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- RBC Bearings Incorporated Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Rockwell Automation Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Real Goods Solar, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Real Industry, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis