Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
LMI Aerospace, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Porter Five Forces Analysis is a strategic management tool to analyze industry and understand underlying levers of profitability in a given industry. LMI Aerospace, Inc. managers can use Porter Five Forces to understand how the five competitive forces influence profitability and develop a strategy for enhancing LMI Aerospace, Inc. competitive advantage and long term profitability in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry.
Brief overview of LMI Aerospace, Inc.
LMI Aerospace, Inc. is one of the leading firms in the Aerospace/Defense Products & Services. Over the years LMI Aerospace, Inc. has redefined the ways of doing business in Industrial Goods. LMI Aerospace, Inc. is listed at New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and have a market cap 191.52M USD.
What are Porter Five (5) Forces
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat from Substitute Products
- Rivalry among the existing players.
Porter Five Forces is a holistic strategy framework that took strategic decision away from just analyzing the present competition. Porter Five Forces focuses on - how LMI Aerospace, Inc. can build a sustainable competitive advantage in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry. Managers at LMI Aerospace, Inc. can not only use Porter Five Forces to develop a strategic position with in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry but also can explore profitable opportunities in whole Industrial Goods sector.
LMI Aerospace, Inc. Porter Five (5) Forces Analysis for Industrial Goods Industry
Threats of New Entrants
New entrants in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services brings innovation, new ways of doing things and put pressure on LMI Aerospace, Inc. through lower pricing strategy, reducing costs, and providing new value propositions to the customers. LMI Aerospace, Inc. has to manage all these challenges and build effective barriers to safeguard its competitive edge.
How LMI Aerospace, Inc. can tackle the Threats of New Entrants
- By innovating new products and services. New products not only brings new customers to the fold but also give old customer a reason to buy LMI Aerospace, Inc. ‘s products.
- By building economies of scale so that it can lower the fixed cost per unit.
- Building capacities and spending money on research and development. New entrants are less likely to enter a dynamic industry where the established players such as LMI Aerospace, Inc. keep defining the standards regularly. It significantly reduces the window of extraordinary profits for the new firms thus discourage new players in the industry.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
All most all the companies in the Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry buy their raw material from numerous suppliers. Suppliers in dominant position can decrease the margins LMI Aerospace, Inc. can earn in the market. Powerful suppliers in Industrial Goods sector use their negotiating power to extract higher prices from the firms in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services field. The overall impact of higher supplier bargaining power is that it lowers the overall profitability of Aerospace/Defense Products & Services.
How LMI Aerospace, Inc. can tackle Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- By building efficient supply chain with multiple suppliers.
- Developing dedicated suppliers whose business depends upon the firm. One of the lessons LMI Aerospace, Inc. can learn from Wal-Mart and Nike is how these companies developed third party manufacturers whose business solely depends on them thus creating a scenario where these third party manufacturers have significantly less bargaining power compare to Wal-Mart and Nike.
Bargaining Power of Buyers
Buyers are often a demanding lot. They want to buy the best offerings available by paying the minimum price as possible. This put pressure on LMI Aerospace, Inc. profitability in the long run. The smaller and more powerful the customer base is of LMI Aerospace, Inc. the higher the bargaining power of the customers and higher their ability to seek increasing discounts and offers.
How LMI Aerospace, Inc. can tackle the Bargaining Power of Buyers
- By rapidly innovating new products. Customers often seek discounts and offerings on established products so if LMI Aerospace, Inc. keep on coming up with new products then it can limit the bargaining power of buyers.
- New products will also reduce the defection of existing customers of LMI Aerospace, Inc. to its competitors.
Threats of Substitute Products or Services
How LMI Aerospace, Inc. can tackle the Treat of Substitute Products / Services
- By being service oriented rather than just product oriented.
- By understanding the core need of the customer rather than what the customer is buying.
- By increasing the switching cost for the customers.
Rivalry among the Existing Competitors
If the rivalry among the existing players in an industry is intense then it will drive down prices and decrease the overall profitability of the industry. LMI Aerospace, Inc. operates in a very competitive Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry. This competition does take toll on the overall long term profitability of the organization.
How LMI Aerospace, Inc. can tackle Intense Rivalry among the Existing Competitors in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry
- By building a sustainable differentiation
- By building scale so that it can compete better
Implications of Porter Five Forces on LMI Aerospace, Inc.
By analyzing all the five competitive forces LMI Aerospace, Inc. strategists can gain a complete picture of what impacts the profitability of the organization in Aerospace/Defense Products & Services industry. They can identify game changing trends early on and can swiftly respond to exploit the emerging opportunity. By understanding the Porter Five Forces in great detail LMI Aerospace, Inc. 's managers can shape those forces in their favor.
You can order LMI Aerospace, Inc. Porter Five Forces & Industry Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Centralia Construction Corporation case study solution
- Nantucket Nectars case study solution
- Juan Trippe and Pan American World Airways case study solution
- Ford KA (B): The Market Research case study solution
- Why Implementing Corporate Innovation is So Difficult case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Limbach Holdings, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- L3 Technologies, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- LiqTech International, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Lennox International Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis
- The LGL Group, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis