Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Simavita Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Simavita Limited PESTEL analysis is a strategic tool to analyze the macro environment of the organization. PESTEL stands for - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal factors that impact the macro environment of Simavita Limited.
Changes in the macro-environment factors can have a direct impact on not only the Simavita Limited but also can impact other players in the Health Care Equipment & Services. The macro-environment factors can impact the Porter Five Forces that shape strategy and competitive landscape. They can impact individual firm’s competitive advantage or overall profitability levels of the Health Care Equipment & Services industry.
Article continues after ad
PESTEL analysis provides great detail about operating challenges Simavita Limited will face in prevalent macro environment other than competitive forces. For example an Industry may be highly profitable with a strong growth trajectory but it won't be any good for Simavita Limited if it is situated in unstable political environment.
Spanish oil giant Repsol had to face a similar instance. It started an above average profitability operations in Argentina and made strong returns in 5-7 years. But the business was later expropriated by the Left Wing government. So the decade long profits didn’t materialize in the end.
Order Now - Simavita Limited Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
Political Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
Political factors play a significant role in determining the factors that can impact Simavita Limited's long term profitability in a certain country or market. Simavita Limited is operating in Health Care Equipment & Services in more than dozen countries and expose itself to different types of political environment and political system risks. The achieve success in such a dynamic Health Care Equipment & Services industry across various countries is to diversify the systematic risks of political environment. Simavita Limited can closely analyze the following factors before entering or investing in a certain market-
- Political stability and importance of Health Care Equipment & Services sector in the country's economy.
- Risk of military invasion
- Level of corruption - especially levels of regulation in Health Care Equipment & Services sector.
- Bureaucracy and interference in Health Care Equipment & Services industry by government.
- Legal framework for contract enforcement
- Intellectual property protection
- Trade regulations & tariffs related to Health Care Equipment & Services
- Favored trading partners
- Anti-trust laws related to Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pricing regulations – Are there any pricing regulatory mechanism for Health Care Equipment & Services
- Taxation - tax rates and incentives
- Wage legislation - minimum wage and overtime
- Work week regulations in Health Care Equipment & Services
- Mandatory employee benefits
- Industrial safety regulations in the Health Care Equipment & Services sector.
- Product labeling and other requirements in Health Care Equipment & Services
Economic Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
The Macro environment factors such as – inflation rate, savings rate, interest rate, foreign exchange rate and economic cycle determine the aggregate demand and aggregate investment in an economy. While micro environment factors such as competition norms impact the competitive advantage of the firm. Simavita Limited can use country’s economic factor such as growth rate, inflation & industry’s economic indicators such as Health Care Equipment & Services industry growth rate, consumer spending etc to forecast the growth trajectory of not only --sectoryname-- sector but also that of the organization. Economic factors that Simavita Limited should consider while conducting PESTEL analysis are -
- Government intervention in the free market and related Health Care Equipment & Services
- Exchange rates & stability of host country currency.
- Efficiency of financial markets – Does Simavita Limited needs to raise capital in local market?
- Infrastructure quality in Health Care Equipment & Services industry
- Comparative advantages of host country and Health Care Equipment & Services sector in the particular country.
- Skill level of workforce in Health Care Equipment & Services industry.
- Education level in the economy
- Labor costs and productivity in the economy
- Business cycle stage (e.g. prosperity, recession, recovery)
- Economic growth rate
- Discretionary income
- Unemployment rate
- Inflation rate
- Interest rates
Social Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
Society’s culture and way of doing things impact the culture of an organization in an environment. Shared beliefs and attitudes of the population play a great role in how marketers at Simavita Limited will understand the customers of a given market and how they design the marketing message for Health Care Equipment & Services industry consumers. Social factors that leadership of Simavita Limited should analyze for PESTEL analysis are -
- Demographics and skill level of the population
- Class structure, hierarchy and power structure in the society.
- Education level as well as education standard in the Simavita Limited ’s industry
- Culture (gender roles, social conventions etc.)
- Attitudes (health, environmental consciousness, etc.)
- Leisure interests
Technological Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
A firm should not only do technological analysis of the industry but also the speed at which technology disrupts that industry. Slow speed will give more time while fast speed of technological disruption may give a firm little time to cope and be profitable. Technology analysis involves understanding the following impacts -
- Recent technological developments by Simavita Limited competitors
- Technology's impact on product offering
- Impact on cost structure in Health Care Equipment & Services industry
- Impact on value chain structure in Health Care Equipment & Services sector
- Rate of technological diffusion
Article continues after ad
Environmental Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
Before entering new markets or starting a new business in existing market the firm should carefully evaluate the environmental standards that are required to operate in those markets. Some of the environmental factors that a firm should consider beforehand are -
- Climate change
- Laws regulating environment pollution
- Air and water pollution regulations in Health Care Equipment & Services industry
- Waste management in Health Care Equipment & Services sector
- Attitudes toward “green” or ecological products
- Endangered species
- Attitudes toward and support for renewable energy
Legal Factors that Impact Simavita Limited
In number of countries, the legal framework and institutions are not robust enough to protect the intellectual property rights of an organization. A firm should carefully evaluate before entering such markets as it can lead to theft of organization’s secret sauce thus the overall competitive edge. Some of the legal factors that Simavita Limited leadership should consider while entering a new market are -
- Anti-trust law in Health Care Equipment & Services industry and overall in the country.
- Discrimination law
- Copyright, patents / Intellectual property law
- Consumer protection and e-commerce
- Employment law
- Health and safety law
- Data Protection
You can order Simavita Limited PESTEL and Environment Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Houston, We Have a Solution: NASA and Open Innovation (B) case study solution
- WeServeHomes.com case study solution
- Red Hen Baking Company case study solution
- Wipro Technologies: The Factory Model case study solution
- HONG KONG PROPERTY DEAL: AN INTERNATIONAL NEGOTIATION CASE SIMULATION - Confidential Information for Terry Jones, Hong Kong Marketing Manager for Outback Foods case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Sigma Healthcare Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Sdi Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Reva Medical, Inc PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Respiri Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Resonance Health Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis