Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Tassal Group Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Tassal Group Limited PESTEL analysis is a strategic tool to analyze the macro environment of the organization. PESTEL stands for - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal factors that impact the macro environment of Tassal Group Limited.
Changes in the macro-environment factors can have a direct impact on not only the Tassal Group Limited but also can impact other players in the Food, Beverage & Tobacco. The macro-environment factors can impact the Porter Five Forces that shape strategy and competitive landscape. They can impact individual firm’s competitive advantage or overall profitability levels of the Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry.
Article continues after ad
PESTEL analysis provides great detail about operating challenges Tassal Group Limited will face in prevalent macro environment other than competitive forces. For example an Industry may be highly profitable with a strong growth trajectory but it won't be any good for Tassal Group Limited if it is situated in unstable political environment.
Spanish oil giant Repsol had to face a similar instance. It started an above average profitability operations in Argentina and made strong returns in 5-7 years. But the business was later expropriated by the Left Wing government. So the decade long profits didn’t materialize in the end.
Order Now - Tassal Group Limited Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
Political Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
Political factors play a significant role in determining the factors that can impact Tassal Group Limited's long term profitability in a certain country or market. Tassal Group Limited is operating in Food, Beverage & Tobacco in more than dozen countries and expose itself to different types of political environment and political system risks. The achieve success in such a dynamic Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry across various countries is to diversify the systematic risks of political environment. Tassal Group Limited can closely analyze the following factors before entering or investing in a certain market-
- Political stability and importance of Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector in the country's economy.
- Risk of military invasion
- Level of corruption - especially levels of regulation in Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector.
- Bureaucracy and interference in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry by government.
- Legal framework for contract enforcement
- Intellectual property protection
- Trade regulations & tariffs related to Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Favored trading partners
- Anti-trust laws related to Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Pricing regulations – Are there any pricing regulatory mechanism for Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Taxation - tax rates and incentives
- Wage legislation - minimum wage and overtime
- Work week regulations in Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Mandatory employee benefits
- Industrial safety regulations in the Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector.
- Product labeling and other requirements in Food, Beverage & Tobacco
Economic Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
The Macro environment factors such as – inflation rate, savings rate, interest rate, foreign exchange rate and economic cycle determine the aggregate demand and aggregate investment in an economy. While micro environment factors such as competition norms impact the competitive advantage of the firm. Tassal Group Limited can use country’s economic factor such as growth rate, inflation & industry’s economic indicators such as Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry growth rate, consumer spending etc to forecast the growth trajectory of not only --sectoryname-- sector but also that of the organization. Economic factors that Tassal Group Limited should consider while conducting PESTEL analysis are -
- Government intervention in the free market and related Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Exchange rates & stability of host country currency.
- Efficiency of financial markets – Does Tassal Group Limited needs to raise capital in local market?
- Infrastructure quality in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry
- Comparative advantages of host country and Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector in the particular country.
- Skill level of workforce in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry.
- Education level in the economy
- Labor costs and productivity in the economy
- Business cycle stage (e.g. prosperity, recession, recovery)
- Economic growth rate
- Discretionary income
- Unemployment rate
- Inflation rate
- Interest rates
Social Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
Society’s culture and way of doing things impact the culture of an organization in an environment. Shared beliefs and attitudes of the population play a great role in how marketers at Tassal Group Limited will understand the customers of a given market and how they design the marketing message for Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry consumers. Social factors that leadership of Tassal Group Limited should analyze for PESTEL analysis are -
- Demographics and skill level of the population
- Class structure, hierarchy and power structure in the society.
- Education level as well as education standard in the Tassal Group Limited ’s industry
- Culture (gender roles, social conventions etc.)
- Attitudes (health, environmental consciousness, etc.)
- Leisure interests
Technological Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
A firm should not only do technological analysis of the industry but also the speed at which technology disrupts that industry. Slow speed will give more time while fast speed of technological disruption may give a firm little time to cope and be profitable. Technology analysis involves understanding the following impacts -
- Recent technological developments by Tassal Group Limited competitors
- Technology's impact on product offering
- Impact on cost structure in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry
- Impact on value chain structure in Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector
- Rate of technological diffusion
Article continues after ad
Environmental Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
Before entering new markets or starting a new business in existing market the firm should carefully evaluate the environmental standards that are required to operate in those markets. Some of the environmental factors that a firm should consider beforehand are -
- Climate change
- Laws regulating environment pollution
- Air and water pollution regulations in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry
- Waste management in Food, Beverage & Tobacco sector
- Attitudes toward “green” or ecological products
- Endangered species
- Attitudes toward and support for renewable energy
Legal Factors that Impact Tassal Group Limited
In number of countries, the legal framework and institutions are not robust enough to protect the intellectual property rights of an organization. A firm should carefully evaluate before entering such markets as it can lead to theft of organization’s secret sauce thus the overall competitive edge. Some of the legal factors that Tassal Group Limited leadership should consider while entering a new market are -
- Anti-trust law in Food, Beverage & Tobacco industry and overall in the country.
- Discrimination law
- Copyright, patents / Intellectual property law
- Consumer protection and e-commerce
- Employment law
- Health and safety law
- Data Protection
You can order Tassal Group Limited PESTEL and Environment Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Nike: Moving Down the Sustainability Track Through Chemical Substitution and Waste Reduction case study solution
- Fraikin SA case study solution
- Sakhizwe Con Roux Construction: Building the Nation (1965-2004) case study solution
- Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. case study solution
- Licensing of APOEP1.B Peptide Technology case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Tasfoods Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Synlait Milk Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Sterling Plantations Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Select Harvests Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Seafarms Group Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
Next 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Tegel Group Holdings Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- The A2 Milk Company Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- The Food Revolution Group Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Tianmei Beverage Group Corporation Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis