Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Oneall International Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
Strategic Management Essays, Term Papers & Presentations
Oneall International Limited PESTEL analysis is a strategic tool to analyze the macro environment of the organization. PESTEL stands for - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal factors that impact the macro environment of Oneall International Limited.
Changes in the macro-environment factors can have a direct impact on not only the Oneall International Limited but also can impact other players in the Consumer Durables & Apparel. The macro-environment factors can impact the Porter Five Forces that shape strategy and competitive landscape. They can impact individual firm’s competitive advantage or overall profitability levels of the Consumer Durables & Apparel industry.
Article continues after ad
PESTEL analysis provides great detail about operating challenges Oneall International Limited will face in prevalent macro environment other than competitive forces. For example an Industry may be highly profitable with a strong growth trajectory but it won't be any good for Oneall International Limited if it is situated in unstable political environment.
Spanish oil giant Repsol had to face a similar instance. It started an above average profitability operations in Argentina and made strong returns in 5-7 years. But the business was later expropriated by the Left Wing government. So the decade long profits didn’t materialize in the end.
Order Now - Oneall International Limited Porter 5 Forces Analysis & Industry Analysis
Political Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
Political factors play a significant role in determining the factors that can impact Oneall International Limited's long term profitability in a certain country or market. Oneall International Limited is operating in Consumer Durables & Apparel in more than dozen countries and expose itself to different types of political environment and political system risks. The achieve success in such a dynamic Consumer Durables & Apparel industry across various countries is to diversify the systematic risks of political environment. Oneall International Limited can closely analyze the following factors before entering or investing in a certain market-
- Political stability and importance of Consumer Durables & Apparel sector in the country's economy.
- Risk of military invasion
- Level of corruption - especially levels of regulation in Consumer Durables & Apparel sector.
- Bureaucracy and interference in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry by government.
- Legal framework for contract enforcement
- Intellectual property protection
- Trade regulations & tariffs related to Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Favored trading partners
- Anti-trust laws related to Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Pricing regulations – Are there any pricing regulatory mechanism for Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Taxation - tax rates and incentives
- Wage legislation - minimum wage and overtime
- Work week regulations in Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Mandatory employee benefits
- Industrial safety regulations in the Consumer Durables & Apparel sector.
- Product labeling and other requirements in Consumer Durables & Apparel
Economic Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
The Macro environment factors such as – inflation rate, savings rate, interest rate, foreign exchange rate and economic cycle determine the aggregate demand and aggregate investment in an economy. While micro environment factors such as competition norms impact the competitive advantage of the firm. Oneall International Limited can use country’s economic factor such as growth rate, inflation & industry’s economic indicators such as Consumer Durables & Apparel industry growth rate, consumer spending etc to forecast the growth trajectory of not only --sectoryname-- sector but also that of the organization. Economic factors that Oneall International Limited should consider while conducting PESTEL analysis are -
- Government intervention in the free market and related Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Exchange rates & stability of host country currency.
- Efficiency of financial markets – Does Oneall International Limited needs to raise capital in local market?
- Infrastructure quality in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry
- Comparative advantages of host country and Consumer Durables & Apparel sector in the particular country.
- Skill level of workforce in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry.
- Education level in the economy
- Labor costs and productivity in the economy
- Business cycle stage (e.g. prosperity, recession, recovery)
- Economic growth rate
- Discretionary income
- Unemployment rate
- Inflation rate
- Interest rates
Social Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
Society’s culture and way of doing things impact the culture of an organization in an environment. Shared beliefs and attitudes of the population play a great role in how marketers at Oneall International Limited will understand the customers of a given market and how they design the marketing message for Consumer Durables & Apparel industry consumers. Social factors that leadership of Oneall International Limited should analyze for PESTEL analysis are -
- Demographics and skill level of the population
- Class structure, hierarchy and power structure in the society.
- Education level as well as education standard in the Oneall International Limited ’s industry
- Culture (gender roles, social conventions etc.)
- Attitudes (health, environmental consciousness, etc.)
- Leisure interests
Technological Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
A firm should not only do technological analysis of the industry but also the speed at which technology disrupts that industry. Slow speed will give more time while fast speed of technological disruption may give a firm little time to cope and be profitable. Technology analysis involves understanding the following impacts -
- Recent technological developments by Oneall International Limited competitors
- Technology's impact on product offering
- Impact on cost structure in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry
- Impact on value chain structure in Consumer Durables & Apparel sector
- Rate of technological diffusion
Article continues after ad
Environmental Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
Before entering new markets or starting a new business in existing market the firm should carefully evaluate the environmental standards that are required to operate in those markets. Some of the environmental factors that a firm should consider beforehand are -
- Climate change
- Laws regulating environment pollution
- Air and water pollution regulations in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry
- Waste management in Consumer Durables & Apparel sector
- Attitudes toward “green” or ecological products
- Endangered species
- Attitudes toward and support for renewable energy
Legal Factors that Impact Oneall International Limited
In number of countries, the legal framework and institutions are not robust enough to protect the intellectual property rights of an organization. A firm should carefully evaluate before entering such markets as it can lead to theft of organization’s secret sauce thus the overall competitive edge. Some of the legal factors that Oneall International Limited leadership should consider while entering a new market are -
- Anti-trust law in Consumer Durables & Apparel industry and overall in the country.
- Discrimination law
- Copyright, patents / Intellectual property law
- Consumer protection and e-commerce
- Employment law
- Health and safety law
- Data Protection
You can order Oneall International Limited PESTEL and Environment Analysis with us at Fern Fort University.
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Boston Beer Co.: Light Beer Decision case study solution
- Otis Elevator Co.: China Strategy (A) case study solution
- AIG - Blame for the Bailout case study solution
- Starbright Jewelers case study solution
- Seiko Watch Corporation: Moving Upmarket case study solution
Previous 5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Michael Hill International Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Merchant House International Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Mcpherson'S Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Kresta Holdings Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis
- Kingform Health Hometextile Group Limited PESTEL & Environment Analysis