Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded case study. Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Anita Elberse, Kwame Owusu-Kessefor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Strategy
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded case study written by Anita Elberse, Kwame Owusu-Kesse will comprise following sections –
- Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded
- Customer Value Analysis of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded case study
Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Anita Elberse, Kwame Owusu-Kesse
In 2010, David Droga and Andrew Essex, co-founders of advertising agency Droga5, hope to convince both John Meneilly, manager of hip-hop star Shawn Carter (better known as Jay-Z) and a partner in Carter's company Roc Nation and Yusuf Mehdi, senior vice president of Microsoft's Online Services division, to enter into an unprecedented, high-stakes partnership to benefit the launch of Carter's new lyrical memoir, Decoded. Droga5 wrestles with two disparate challenges: developing a campaign for the book's launch and finding a way to drive trial for Bing, Microsoft's new search engine. Droga5's innovative solution is to kill two birds with one stone: a massive, interactive scavenger hunt involving outdoor, bespoke, and digital media. Because Spiegel & Grau, a Random House imprint that holds the rights to the book, lacks the funds to market Carter's memoir at a scale deserving of a superstar, Droga5 is asking Microsoft to shoulder most of the campaign's costs. How can Droga5 broker a deal between Roc Nation, Random House, and Microsoft, and ensure success for each of the parties? And is pursuing this campaign idea a smart investment for the young agency? The case describes a set of decisions that paved the way for a groundbreaking advertising campaign that would win major advertising-industry awards, including the Grand Prix at the 2011 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and a 2012 Gold Effie.
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decodedindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
You can order Droga5: Launching Jay-Z's Decoded Marketing Strategy Case Study Solution with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Lady Gaga (B), Spanish Version Marketing Strategy Solution
- Jurassic Park Marketing Strategy Solution
- Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Brand Equity Marketing Strategy Solution
- Can Brand Image Move Upwards After Sideways? A Strategic Approach to Brand Placements Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Honda Performance Development: CART vs. IRL--Who Has the Inside Track? Marketing Strategy Solution
- YouTube for Brands Marketing Strategy Solution
- The Metropolitan Opera (A) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Harrah's Entertainment, Inc. Marketing Strategy Solution
- The NFL's Digital Media Strategy Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Lady Gaga (B), Spanish Version Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Jurassic Park Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Brand Equity Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Can Brand Image Move Upwards After Sideways? A Strategic Approach to Brand Placements Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis