Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
King's Food Stores (A) Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze King's Food Stores (A) case study. King's Food Stores (A) is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Michael R. Pearce, Esther Benziefor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Product development
Strategic Marketing Analysis of King's Food Stores (A) case study written by Michael R. Pearce, Esther Benzie will comprise following sections –
- King's Food Stores (A) Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of King's Food Stores (A)
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of King's Food Stores (A)
- Customer Value Analysis of King's Food Stores (A) case study
King's Food Stores (A) Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Michael R. Pearce, Esther Benzie
The key account manager at Pioneer Products, sat before her computer pondering the challenge that faced her. She had been asked by the category manager at King's Food Store (KFS) to work with him on a review of the table syrup category. She knew that the performance of the table syrup category, and indeed, the various brands and items within the category, had caused some concern at KFS recently. The table syrup category was a small one for King's Food Store and they really needed the expertise and resources available from the syrup manufacturers to improve the performance of the category. She knew that the category review was the first step in developing a category management program with KFS. She was excited about the opportunity to partner with KFS but she knew that she had a lot of work to do to review and understand the category before making her initial presentation. As she prepared for her task, she wondered what market and product performance information to review and what recommendations she would make to KFS. A follow-up case (9A95A007) is available.
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of King's Food Stores (A)
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of King's Food Stores (A) products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for King's Food Stores (A)industry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to King's Food Stores (A) market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
King's Food Stores (A) - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
You can order King's Food Stores (A) Marketing Strategy Case Study Solution with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- King's Food Stores (B) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Evergreen Trust Marketing Strategy Solution
- Intel Corp.: Going into OverDrive Marketing Strategy Solution
- DesiFirangi.com: Building a Niche E-commerce Portal Marketing Strategy Solution
- Introduction to Incentive-based Sales Compensation Systems Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- United Colors of Benetton Marketing Strategy Solution
- 12Snap* (Germany, UK, Italy): From B2C Mobile Retailing to B2B Mobile Marketing Marketing Strategy Solution
- Fresh and Wild: Growth without Losing your Soul Marketing Strategy Solution
- RĂ©sonances (A): Selling Products or Dreams? Marketing Strategy Solution
- Angels and Devils: Best Buy's New Customer Approach (B) Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- King's Food Stores (B) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Evergreen Trust Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Intel Corp.: Going into OverDrive Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- DesiFirangi.com: Building a Niche E-commerce Portal Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Introduction to Incentive-based Sales Compensation Systems Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis