Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version case study. Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Heide Abellifor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Branding, Budgeting, Demographics, Financial analysis, Forecasting, Performance measurement, Sales
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version case study written by Heide Abelli will comprise following sections –
- Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version
- Customer Value Analysis of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version case study
Order Now - Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version Marketing & Sales Case Study Solution
Order Now - Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version Porter 5 Forces and Strategy Analysis
Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Heide Abelli
When students have the English-language PDF of this Brief Case in a coursepack, they will also have the option to purchase an audio version.Chris Prangel, a recent MBA graduate, has returned home to West Virginia to manage the marketing operations of the Mountain Man Beer Company, a family-owned business he stands to inherit in five years. Mountain Man brews just one beer, Mountain Man Lager, also known as "West Virginia's beer" and popular among blue-collar workers. Due to changes in beer drinkers' taste preferences, the company is now experiencing declining sales for the first time in its history. In response, Chris wants to launch Mountain Man Light, a "light beer" formulation of Mountain Man Lager, in the hope of attracting younger drinkers to the brand. However, he encounters resistance from senior managers. Mountain Man Lager's brand equity is a key asset for Mountain Man Brewing Company. The question is whether Mountain Man Light will enhance it, detract from it, or irreversibly damage it.
Branding, Budgeting, Demographics, Financial analysis, Forecasting, Performance measurement, Sales
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Versionindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Mountain Man Brewing Co.: Bringing the Brand to Light, Spanish Version - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- A Destabilizing Situation for Binatone: The Market for 1000W Stabilizers in Nigeria Marketing Strategy Solution
- Using Design to Create Fiercely Loyal Customers Marketing Strategy Solution
- Insulation Coating for Oil-Chemical Storage Tanks (B) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Pricing as Entrepreneurial Behavior Marketing Strategy Solution
- Performance-Based Pricing Is More Than Pricing Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Developing the Sales Force, Growing the Business: The Direct Selling Experience Marketing Strategy Solution
- Eureka Forbes Ltd.: Managing the Selling Effort (A) (Photonovel Version) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Lincoln Financial Group (B): Making LFD a Reality, Spanish Version Marketing Strategy Solution
- Implementing Sales Force Automation at Quantum Technology Marketing Strategy Solution
- Sales Force Integration at FedEx (D) Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- A Destabilizing Situation for Binatone: The Market for 1000W Stabilizers in Nigeria Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Using Design to Create Fiercely Loyal Customers Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Insulation Coating for Oil-Chemical Storage Tanks (B) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Pricing as Entrepreneurial Behavior Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Performance-Based Pricing Is More Than Pricing Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis