Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity case study. Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Glenn Carroll, Xavier Ledererfor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Competition, Competitive strategy, Entrepreneurship
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity case study written by Glenn Carroll, Xavier Lederer will comprise following sections –
- Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity
- Customer Value Analysis of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity case study
Order Now - Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity Marketing & Sales Case Study Solution
Order Now - Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity Porter 5 Forces and Strategy Analysis
Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Glenn Carroll, Xavier Lederer
The US organic cereal business is fascinating: while most brands of organic breakfast cereals were founded by hippies who wanted to make a difference in the world in the 70s and 80s, many have been taken over by large "traditional' food companies. Attune Foods and its brands Uncle Sam and Erewohn is an exception: it is a small, independent player. Its ambition is to become a leading digestive health brand in the country: not exactly a popular conversation topic at most family dinner tables. Attune faced two challenges: - Develop a way to communicate about digestive health in a consumer-friendly way. - Communicate its differentiation with food giants like General Mills and Kellogg in a compelling way, with way less financial resources. Attune decided to base its strategy on authenticity: a less costly strategy that the company believed would allow it to clearly communicate its message and to differentiate it from the big boys. It applied the concept of authenticity in all aspects of its business (e.g., product definition, production and sourcing, communication). The case describes the company and its competition. The challenge facing Attune at the time of the case was to double the size of the company within four years.
Competition, Competitive strategy, Entrepreneurship
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticityindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Attune Foods: Challenging the Goliaths with Authenticity - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Health Insurance to the Base of the Pyramid Marketing Strategy Solution
- FIJI Water: Carbon Negative? Marketing Strategy Solution
- Nanda Home: Preparing for Life After Clocky Marketing Strategy Solution
- Hindustan Unilever's 'Pureit' Water Purifier Marketing Strategy Solution
- Teksavvy Solutions Incorporated Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- CardSwap: Converting Unwanted Gift Cards into Cash Marketing Strategy Solution
- Can You Hear Me Now? Learning from Customer Stories Marketing Strategy Solution
- Pixar Versus DreamWorks: Animating Creative Strategies Marketing Strategy Solution
- SUPERIOR SAVINGS BANK'S NEW LOCATION DECISION: IS LESS MORE? Marketing Strategy Solution
- Creating a Luxury Experience at Value Retail Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Health Insurance to the Base of the Pyramid Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- FIJI Water: Carbon Negative? Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Nanda Home: Preparing for Life After Clocky Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Hindustan Unilever's 'Pureit' Water Purifier Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Teksavvy Solutions Incorporated Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis