Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations case study. imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Mokhalles Mehdi, Syed Yassir Rizveefor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on –
Strategic Marketing Analysis of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations case study written by Mokhalles Mehdi, Syed Yassir Rizvee will comprise following sections –
- imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations
- Customer Value Analysis of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations case study
Order Now - imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Marketing & Sales Case Study Solution
Order Now - imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Porter 5 Forces and Strategy Analysis
imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Mokhalles Mehdi, Syed Yassir Rizvee
In August 2015, imiAID, an Indian start-up that provided portable first aid kits for emergencies, was struggling to reduce its production costs and increase awareness about its product. The company began operations in Guwahati, Assam, and subsequently expanded the business to other states in Northeast India. Key target segments for imiAID included educational institutions and health-care service providers. Customers were somewhat aware of the product; however, imiAID wanted to develop a strategy that addressed its two goals of reducing production costs and increasing awareness about the imiAID Pocket First Aid Kit. Management had to decide how to best guide the company's growth. Would imiAID be able to successfully operate in the emerging market of Northeast India in the long term? Mokhalles Mehdi is affiliated with Kaziranga University.
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operationsindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
You can order imiAid: Challenges in Scaling Up Business Operations Marketing Strategy Case Study Solution with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Aravind Eye Care's Vision Centers - Reaching Out to the Rural Poor Marketing Strategy Solution
- Genzyme: The Renvela Launch Decision, Spanish Version Marketing Strategy Solution
- Access Health CT: Marketing Affordable Care (B) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Rockland Hospitals: Innovating Health Care in India (A) Marketing Strategy Solution
- QuintilesIMS: Biosimilar Marketing in England Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Theranos Inc.: Pivoting Consumer Health Care Marketing Strategy Solution
- Vibrance Kegel Device: Capturing Mindshare Marketing Strategy Solution
- Colgate: Regaining Leadership in India's Sensitive Teeth Market Marketing Strategy Solution
- Aquasi Marketing: Building and Managing an Online Brand Marketing Strategy Solution
- Colgate-Palmolive Company: Marketing Anti-Cavity Toothpaste Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Aravind Eye Care's Vision Centers - Reaching Out to the Rural Poor Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Genzyme: The Renvela Launch Decision, Spanish Version Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Access Health CT: Marketing Affordable Care (B) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Rockland Hospitals: Innovating Health Care in India (A) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- QuintilesIMS: Biosimilar Marketing in England Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis