Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Precise Software Solutions Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Precise Software Solutions case study. Precise Software Solutions is a Harvard Business Review case study written by David B. Godesfor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Pricing, Product development
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Precise Software Solutions case study written by David B. Godes will comprise following sections –
- Precise Software Solutions Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Precise Software Solutions
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Precise Software Solutions
- Customer Value Analysis of Precise Software Solutions case study
Precise Software Solutions Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: David B. Godes
When and how should a firm introduce an innovative new product? Introduce too early and functionality may not be there, too late and strong competition might appear. Precise Software Solutions, headquartered in Westwood, MA, is a small, growing company with a successful--albeit narrowly targeted--software product for database performance management. In 1999, it had the beginnings of a new product with radically broader functionality and market appeal. However, this new product would potentially appeal to a different "audience" within the client's IT organization. Once management decides when to introduce the product, it must also decide how to do so. Specifically, should this product be sold through the same sales force as other successful products? Or, would the company be better off creating a separate group targeted at this new audience? Finally, it must also decide how to price the product. Its current products have historically yielded sales of $15K to $25K. The firm feels that the value of this new product could be five times this amount. Is this possible? Will the same salespeople be effective? Teaching Purpose: Examines sales organization, sales strategy, and new product introduction.
Pricing, Product development
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Precise Software Solutions
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Precise Software Solutions products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Precise Software Solutionsindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Precise Software Solutions market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Precise Software Solutions - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
You can order Precise Software Solutions Marketing Strategy Case Study Solution with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Reversing the AMD Fusion Launch Marketing Strategy Solution
- Kimura K.K.: Can This Customer Be Saved? Marketing Strategy Solution
- Megawheels Inc. Marketing Strategy Solution
- Electrohome (A): Projection Systems Division Marketing Strategy Solution
- Hewlett-Packard: Manufacturing Productivity Division (C) Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Quick Growth at QlikTech Marketing Strategy Solution
- Intuit QuickBooks Marketing Strategy Solution
- Centra Software, Portuguese Version Marketing Strategy Solution
- Federated Industries (A), Spanish Version Marketing Strategy Solution
- Research in Motion Ltd. (A) Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Reversing the AMD Fusion Launch Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Kimura K.K.: Can This Customer Be Saved? Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Megawheels Inc. Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Electrohome (A): Projection Systems Division Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Hewlett-Packard: Manufacturing Productivity Division (C) Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis