Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility case study. Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Mary Weil, Julia Cuttfor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Corporate governance, Public relations
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility case study written by Mary Weil, Julia Cutt will comprise following sections –
- Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility
- Customer Value Analysis of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility case study
Order Now - Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility Marketing & Sales Case Study Solution
Order Now - Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility Porter 5 Forces and Strategy Analysis
Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Mary Weil, Julia Cutt
On March 27, 2014, the new chief executive officer of Lululemon Athletica Inc., headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, has just announced the previous year's flat fourth quarter results. These unimpressive financial figures have amplified the need to address the company's damaged reputation. In 2013, the apparel brand faced a product recall and a public relations backlash after a controversial interview and botched apology by its founder, as well as the resignation of several key executive employees. A communications strategy must be devised to repair the company's reputation and regain the trust of both investors and customers.
Corporate governance, Public relations
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humilityindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Lululemon Athletica Inc. - Moving Forward With Humility - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Selling CFLs at Wal-Mart Marketing Strategy Solution
- Victoria's Secret: Revitalizing a Seductive Brand Marketing Strategy Solution
- Best Buy Marketing Strategy Solution
- Reebok Cool Marketing Strategy Solution
- Ssangyong Corp. Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Chesebrough-Pond's, Inc.: Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Marketing Strategy Solution
- Procter & Gamble Co. (A) Marketing Strategy Solution
- David E. White: Executive Direct Line Marketing Strategy Solution
- Value Pricing at Procter & Gamble (A) Marketing Strategy Solution
- Rana Plaza: Workplace Safety in Bangladesh (B) Marketing Strategy Solution