Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile Marketing Strategy Analysis & Solution
Marketing & Sales Case Study Analysis and Solution
At Fern Fort University, we use Harvard Business Review (HBR) marketing principles and framework to analyze Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile case study. Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile is a Harvard Business Review case study written by Elie Ofek, Alison Berkley Wagonfeldfor the students of Sales & Marketing. The case study also include other relevant topics and learning material on – Communication, Government, Marketing
Strategic Marketing Analysis of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile case study written by Elie Ofek, Alison Berkley Wagonfeld will comprise following sections –
- Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile Case Description
- Marketing Definition
- Market Potential Analysis of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile
- Market Share Potential Analysis
- Segmentation and Segment Attractiveness Analysis
- Competition and Competitiveness Analysis of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile
- Customer Value Analysis of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile case study
Order Now - Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile Marketing & Sales Case Study Solution
Order Now - Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile Porter 5 Forces and Strategy Analysis
Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile Marketing Case Description
Sales & Marketing Case Study | Authors :: Elie Ofek, Alison Berkley Wagonfeld
Julie Bornstein, senior vice president of Sephora Direct, is seeking to double her budget for social media and other digital marketing initiatives for 2011. A number of digital efforts implemented in the past two years seem to be bearing fruit, and there is a desire to intensify Sephora's social media, online video, and mobile presence. Bornstein must justify the need for the additional funding, determine how best to allocate the money across the various platforms, and establish effective ways to measure return on investment (ROI) for digital marketing spending . She must also take into account that the funding requested will likely come at the expense of Sephora's traditional marketing programs. Importantly, Bornstein needs to begin thinking about a cohesive long-term strategy that clearly identifies the role digital platforms play and how they help Sephora maintain its leadership position in the prestige beauty care space. The constant emergence of new players, such as Groupon and Shop Socially, the growing power of social media platforms such as Facebook, and the way consumer behavior and user generated content are rapidly evolving in a digital era, make her task all the more challenging.
Communication, Government, Marketing
According to American Marketing Association – Marketing is a set of activities that a firm undertakes for creating, communicating, delivering, & exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Kotler explains - Marketing is a process by which organizations can create value for its potential and current customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value in return.
Market Potential Analysis of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile
Market potential analysis comprises evaluating the overall market size of the related product that the firm is planning to launch. This will involve defining – Why the target market segment needs the product and how it will provide a solution to full its consumers’ needs. Market potential of Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile products various on factors such as –
- Maturity of the market. In mature markets the profitability is often stable but the market potential is less as most of the players have already taken market share based on the segment they are serving. New players have to go for market share strategies in marketing.
- Technological competence of the existing players and culture of innovation and development in the industry.
- Untapped market sizes and barriers to both enter the market and serving the customers. Often companies can easily see the unfulfilled needs in the markets but they are difficult to serve as there are costly barriers.
- Define the core need that your product is serving and list out all the direct and indirect competitors in the market place. This will help not only in positioning of the product but also in defining or creating a segment better.
- Uncovering the current and untapped market sizes and barriers to serving the larger market. Analyze the areas that you need to sort out while launching the products to wider market and what are the challenges the firm will face in market place.
- Estimate the current stage in product life cycle and its implications for marketing decisions for the product.
Market Share Potential Analysis
- Understanding the buyer behavior model for Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobileindustry.
- Identifying the market share drivers relevant to Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile market.
- Segment Attractiveness Analysis – Our analysis will work out which are the most attractive segments and which are the one the firm should go ahead and target. We point out in great detail which segments will be most lucrative for the company to enter.
- Understanding the different needs and relative value of your offering by segment.
- Developing segment priorities and positioning the product based on the product need fit developed by the firm.
Competition & Competitive Position Analysis
- Uncovering customer-based competitive positions for key rivals and firm’s offering. This will not only help in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors but also help in defining and positioning of the product.
- Developing a positioning and launching strategy. It will require not only distribution channel analysis but also promotion mix for the product.
- Strategic Marketing Planning — the process of developing and maintaining a strategic fit between the organization’s objectives and capabilities and the ever evolving marketing opportunities for its products.
Sephora Direct: Investing in Social Media, Video, and Mobile - Customer Value Analysis
Capturing customer value is essential to marketing efforts as it results in higher return in the form of both current & future sales, greater market share, and higher profits. By creating superior customer value, the organization can create highly satisfied customers who stay loyal and buy more. This, in turn, means greater long-run returns for the firm.
- The crucial role of customer perceived value in acquiring and retaining profitable customers. Product differentiation is often based on building on a value niche that a firm believes that is very important to the customer. This niche contributes to perceived value. If the perceived value is high then customer stay loyal to the product if not then she can switch to the competitor’s product.
- Graphically displaying value differences for deeper understanding and better internal communication. This helps is building a narrative that a customer can identify with. The better the insight more are the chances of connecting with the potential customers.
- Identifying and selecting actionable value creation options. This can help in increasing the customer lifetime value. Customer lifetime value is the value of the entire stream of purchases that the customer would make over a lifetime of patronage.
NOTE: Every marketing case study solution varies based on the details and data provided in the case. We write unique marketing strategy case solution for each HBR case study with no plagiarism. The specific case dictate the exact format for the case study analysis.
Next 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Dove: Evolution of a Brand Marketing Strategy Solution
- Clean Edge Razor: Splitting Hairs in Product Positioning Marketing Strategy Solution
- Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Marketing Strategy Solution
- IKEA Invades America Marketing Strategy Solution
- Kingsford Charcoal Marketing Strategy Solution
Previous 5 Marketing Case Study Solution
- Filene's Basement Marketing Strategy Solution
- Costa Poulopoulos and Mary Johnson - Realtors Marketing Strategy Solution
- Hertz Corp.: Guaranteed Pricing Marketing Strategy Solution
- Creating a Luxury Experience at Value Retail Marketing Strategy Solution
- Bridges Ventures Marketing Strategy Solution
HBR Case Studies Solutions
- Dove: Evolution of a Brand Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Clean Edge Razor: Splitting Hairs in Product Positioning Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- IKEA Invades America Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis
- Kingsford Charcoal Porter, SWOT,& PESTEL Analysis