Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Study Analysis & Solution
Harvard Business Case Studies Solutions - Assignment Help
American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region is a Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study on Finance & Accounting , Fern Fort University provides HBR case study assignment help for just $11. Our case solution is based on Case Study Method expertise & our global insights.
Finance & Accounting Case Study | Authors :: Robert L. Simons, Hilary A. Weston
Case Study Description
Recounts the financial difficulties and management changes experienced by American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region (NER) during the 1980s. After summarizing industry-wide changes in the collection, testing, and distribution of blood and blood products, the case describes the way in which NER management responded to those changes. The types of changes highlighted include: the transition from non-financial to financial planning and monitoring systems; organizational restructuring; increased dissemination of financial information among line management; and conversion to a cost accounting system based on cost center accountability. The primary teaching objective is to illustrate both the need for and the challenges of changing management control systems in response to changes in an organization's marketplace and strategy. The case reveals various factors that must be considered to implement major control changes including management training, differing management styles, information systems capabilities, corporate culture, and a continually changing market.
Corporate governance, Health, Reorganization, Social enterprise
[10 Steps] Case Study Analysis & Solution
Step 1 - Reading up Harvard Business Review Fundamentals on the Finance & Accounting
Even before you start reading a business case study just make sure that you have brushed up the Harvard Business Review (HBR) fundamentals on the Finance & Accounting. Brushing up HBR fundamentals will provide a strong base for investigative reading. Often readers scan through the business case study without having a clear map in mind. This leads to unstructured learning process resulting in missed details and at worse wrong conclusions. Reading up the HBR fundamentals helps in sketching out business case study analysis and solution roadmap even before you start reading the case study. It also provides starting ideas as fundamentals often provide insight into some of the aspects that may not be covered in the business case study itself.
Step 2 - Reading the American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region HBR Case Study
My case study strategy involves -
- Marking out the protagonist and key players in the case study from the very start.
- Drawing a motivation chart of the key players and their priorities from the case study description.
- Evaluate each detail in the case study in light of the HBR case study analysis core ideas.
Step 3 - American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Study Analysis
Step 4 - SWOT Analysis of American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region
- Zero down on the central problem and two to five related problems in the case study.
- Do the SWOT analysis of the American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region . SWOT analysis is a strategic tool to map out the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats that a firm is facing.
- SWOT analysis and SWOT Matrix will help you to clearly mark out - Strengths Weakness Opportunities & Threats that the organization or manager is facing in the American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region
- SWOT analysis will also provide a priority list of problem to be solved.
- You can also do a weighted SWOT analysis of American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region HBR case study.
Step 5 - Porter 5 Forces / Strategic Analysis of Industry Analysis American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region
Step 6 - PESTEL, PEST / STEP Analysis of American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region
Another way of understanding the external environment of the firm in American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region is to do a PESTEL - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal analysis of the environment the firm operates in. You should make a list of factors that have significant impact on the organization and factors that drive growth in the industry. You can even identify the source of firm's competitive advantage based on PESTEL analysis and Organization's Core Competencies.
Step 7 - Organizing & Prioritizing the Analysis into American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Study Solution
Step 8 -Implementation Framework
- Detailed understanding of the case,
- Clarity of HBR case study fundamentals,
- Analyzed case details based on those fundamentals and
Implementation framework helps in weeding out non actionable recommendations, resulting in awesome American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study solution.
Step 9 - Take a Break
Step 10 - Critically Examine American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study solution
Previous 5 HBR Case Study Solution
- Catalyst Health Solutions: A Script for Success? Case Study Solution
- Southern State University Health System Case Study Solution
- Rancho Cucamonga Case Study Solution
- The Case of the Unidentified Healthcare Companies -- 2010 Case Study Solution
- IN-fusion, Inc. Case Study Solution