Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative Case Study Analysis & Solution
Harvard Business Case Studies Solutions - Assignment Help
Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative is a Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study on Finance & Accounting , Fern Fort University provides HBR case study assignment help for just $11. Our case solution is based on Case Study Method expertise & our global insights.
Finance & Accounting Case Study | Authors :: Barry C. Foltos, Carol J. Gaumer, Amit J. Shah
Case Study Description
A survival strategy was needed for the Food Store department of the Northern Lakes Cooperative. The 85-person Food Store department, one of eleven departments at the Northern Lakes Cooperative, had not been profitable for years. While not profitable, it served the needs of its Co-op members by providing a grocery service and serving as an anchor in the Co-op Mall.
Marketing, Performance measurement
[10 Steps] Case Study Analysis & Solution
Step 1 - Reading up Harvard Business Review Fundamentals on the Finance & Accounting
Even before you start reading a business case study just make sure that you have brushed up the Harvard Business Review (HBR) fundamentals on the Finance & Accounting. Brushing up HBR fundamentals will provide a strong base for investigative reading. Often readers scan through the business case study without having a clear map in mind. This leads to unstructured learning process resulting in missed details and at worse wrong conclusions. Reading up the HBR fundamentals helps in sketching out business case study analysis and solution roadmap even before you start reading the case study. It also provides starting ideas as fundamentals often provide insight into some of the aspects that may not be covered in the business case study itself.
Step 2 - Reading the Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative HBR Case Study
My case study strategy involves -
- Marking out the protagonist and key players in the case study from the very start.
- Drawing a motivation chart of the key players and their priorities from the case study description.
- Evaluate each detail in the case study in light of the HBR case study analysis core ideas.
Step 3 - Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative Case Study Analysis
Step 4 - SWOT Analysis of Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative
- Zero down on the central problem and two to five related problems in the case study.
- Do the SWOT analysis of the Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative . SWOT analysis is a strategic tool to map out the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats that a firm is facing.
- SWOT analysis and SWOT Matrix will help you to clearly mark out - Strengths Weakness Opportunities & Threats that the organization or manager is facing in the Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative
- SWOT analysis will also provide a priority list of problem to be solved.
- You can also do a weighted SWOT analysis of Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative HBR case study.
Step 5 - Porter 5 Forces / Strategic Analysis of Industry Analysis Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative
Step 6 - PESTEL, PEST / STEP Analysis of Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative
Another way of understanding the external environment of the firm in Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative is to do a PESTEL - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal analysis of the environment the firm operates in. You should make a list of factors that have significant impact on the organization and factors that drive growth in the industry. You can even identify the source of firm's competitive advantage based on PESTEL analysis and Organization's Core Competencies.
Step 7 - Organizing & Prioritizing the Analysis into Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative Case Study Solution
Step 8 -Implementation Framework
- Detailed understanding of the case,
- Clarity of HBR case study fundamentals,
- Analyzed case details based on those fundamentals and
Implementation framework helps in weeding out non actionable recommendations, resulting in awesome Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative case study solution.
Step 9 - Take a Break
Step 10 - Critically Examine Food Store of the Northern Lakes Cooperative case study solution
Previous 5 HBR Case Study Solution
- Todovino: Can Your Rival Be Your Friend? Case Study Solution
- PepsiCo's Bid for Quaker Oats (B) Case Study Solution
- Nestle and Alcon--the Value of a Listing Case Study Solution
- Supply Chain Optimization at Madurai Aavin Milk Dairy Case Study Solution
- Hostile Bid for Red October Case Study Solution