Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs Case Study Analysis & Solution
Harvard Business Case Studies Solutions - Assignment Help
Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs is a Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study on Innovation & Entrepreneurship , Fern Fort University provides HBR case study assignment help for just $11. Our case solution is based on Case Study Method expertise & our global insights.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship Case Study | Authors :: Sarah L.Y. Cheah, Vivien K.G. Lim, Norvin W. Chan
Case Study Description
Established in 2013, Glints was an online job search service for new graduates, marketing itself as "LinkedIn for youth." The Singapore-based company was founded by three 21-year-olds who chose to put their university education on hold and forfeit their scholarships in order to pursue their entrepreneurial ambitions. Using the lean start-up approach, Glints pivoted its business model several times before finding a suitable position in a resegmented job-search market. As a young company, Glints' biggest challenge was growth. Having raised seed capital of SG$475,000 from its investors, Glints was expected to sustain its exponential growth in revenue base and the number of subscribers. Its young co-founders had to identify ways to make that growth happen. Sarah L. Y. Cheah is affiliated with National University of Singapore. Vivien K. G. Lim is affiliated with National University of Singapore.
[10 Steps] Case Study Analysis & Solution
Step 1 - Reading up Harvard Business Review Fundamentals on the Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Even before you start reading a business case study just make sure that you have brushed up the Harvard Business Review (HBR) fundamentals on the Innovation & Entrepreneurship. Brushing up HBR fundamentals will provide a strong base for investigative reading. Often readers scan through the business case study without having a clear map in mind. This leads to unstructured learning process resulting in missed details and at worse wrong conclusions. Reading up the HBR fundamentals helps in sketching out business case study analysis and solution roadmap even before you start reading the case study. It also provides starting ideas as fundamentals often provide insight into some of the aspects that may not be covered in the business case study itself.
Step 2 - Reading the Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs HBR Case Study
My case study strategy involves -
- Marking out the protagonist and key players in the case study from the very start.
- Drawing a motivation chart of the key players and their priorities from the case study description.
- Evaluate each detail in the case study in light of the HBR case study analysis core ideas.
Step 3 - Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs Case Study Analysis
Step 4 - SWOT Analysis of Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs
- Zero down on the central problem and two to five related problems in the case study.
- Do the SWOT analysis of the Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs . SWOT analysis is a strategic tool to map out the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats that a firm is facing.
- SWOT analysis and SWOT Matrix will help you to clearly mark out - Strengths Weakness Opportunities & Threats that the organization or manager is facing in the Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs
- SWOT analysis will also provide a priority list of problem to be solved.
- You can also do a weighted SWOT analysis of Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs HBR case study.
Step 5 - Porter 5 Forces / Strategic Analysis of Industry Analysis Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs
Step 6 - PESTEL, PEST / STEP Analysis of Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs
Another way of understanding the external environment of the firm in Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs is to do a PESTEL - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal analysis of the environment the firm operates in. You should make a list of factors that have significant impact on the organization and factors that drive growth in the industry. You can even identify the source of firm's competitive advantage based on PESTEL analysis and Organization's Core Competencies.
Step 7 - Organizing & Prioritizing the Analysis into Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs Case Study Solution
Step 8 -Implementation Framework
- Detailed understanding of the case,
- Clarity of HBR case study fundamentals,
- Analyzed case details based on those fundamentals and
Implementation framework helps in weeding out non actionable recommendations, resulting in awesome Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs case study solution.
Step 9 - Take a Break
Step 10 - Critically Examine Glints: Linking Youths and Jobs case study solution
Previous 5 HBR Case Study Solution
- Vox Capital: Pioneering Impact Investing in Brazil Case Study Solution
- Rise of the Startup City: The Changing Geography of the Venture Capital Financed Innovation Case Study Solution
- Jiemo.net: How to Position a Profit Model Case Study Solution
- Eve Hall: The African American Investment Fund in Milwaukee Case Study Solution
- Lac Leman Festival de la Musique (B) Case Study Solution