Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Real-Estate Investment Trusts Case Study Analysis & Solution
Harvard Business Case Studies Solutions - Assignment Help
Real-Estate Investment Trusts is a Harvard Business (HBR) Case Study on Communication , Fern Fort University provides HBR case study assignment help for just $11. Our case solution is based on Case Study Method expertise & our global insights.
Communication Case Study | Authors :: C. Ray Smith, Randall Smith, Henley Green
Case Study Description
This technical note provides a thorough overview of real-estate investment trusts (REITs). Created to promote and facilitate widespread public ownership of commercial real estate, REITs are companies that own real-estate properties or mortgages and that operate within certain guidelines, allowing them to qualify for REIT status. Focusing primarily on equity REITs, the note covers a broad range of issues, including valuation and its many drivers, and also examines the advantages of REIT ownership versus property ownership. The note concludes with a discussion of the future of REITs.
[10 Steps] Case Study Analysis & Solution
Step 1 - Reading up Harvard Business Review Fundamentals on the Communication
Even before you start reading a business case study just make sure that you have brushed up the Harvard Business Review (HBR) fundamentals on the Communication. Brushing up HBR fundamentals will provide a strong base for investigative reading. Often readers scan through the business case study without having a clear map in mind. This leads to unstructured learning process resulting in missed details and at worse wrong conclusions. Reading up the HBR fundamentals helps in sketching out business case study analysis and solution roadmap even before you start reading the case study. It also provides starting ideas as fundamentals often provide insight into some of the aspects that may not be covered in the business case study itself.
Step 2 - Reading the Real-Estate Investment Trusts HBR Case Study
My case study strategy involves -
- Marking out the protagonist and key players in the case study from the very start.
- Drawing a motivation chart of the key players and their priorities from the case study description.
- Evaluate each detail in the case study in light of the HBR case study analysis core ideas.
Step 3 - Real-Estate Investment Trusts Case Study Analysis
Step 4 - SWOT Analysis of Real-Estate Investment Trusts
- Zero down on the central problem and two to five related problems in the case study.
- Do the SWOT analysis of the Real-Estate Investment Trusts . SWOT analysis is a strategic tool to map out the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats that a firm is facing.
- SWOT analysis and SWOT Matrix will help you to clearly mark out - Strengths Weakness Opportunities & Threats that the organization or manager is facing in the Real-Estate Investment Trusts
- SWOT analysis will also provide a priority list of problem to be solved.
- You can also do a weighted SWOT analysis of Real-Estate Investment Trusts HBR case study.
Step 5 - Porter 5 Forces / Strategic Analysis of Industry Analysis Real-Estate Investment Trusts
Step 6 - PESTEL, PEST / STEP Analysis of Real-Estate Investment Trusts
Another way of understanding the external environment of the firm in Real-Estate Investment Trusts is to do a PESTEL - Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal analysis of the environment the firm operates in. You should make a list of factors that have significant impact on the organization and factors that drive growth in the industry. You can even identify the source of firm's competitive advantage based on PESTEL analysis and Organization's Core Competencies.
Step 7 - Organizing & Prioritizing the Analysis into Real-Estate Investment Trusts Case Study Solution
Step 8 -Implementation Framework
- Detailed understanding of the case,
- Clarity of HBR case study fundamentals,
- Analyzed case details based on those fundamentals and
Implementation framework helps in weeding out non actionable recommendations, resulting in awesome Real-Estate Investment Trusts case study solution.
Step 9 - Take a Break
Step 10 - Critically Examine Real-Estate Investment Trusts case study solution
Previous 5 HBR Case Study Solution
- Roger Caracappa: Package Deals for the Estee Lauder Companies Case Study Solution
- The Trois Fois: Louise Duchamp v. 1.25 Case Study Solution
- Factory 539: China Star Technology Electronics Ltd (A) Case Study Solution
- Lulu.com Case Study Solution
- Express Scripts: Promoting Prescription Drug Home Delivery (B) Case Study Solution
Next 5 HBR Case Study Solution
- Kent County Council: Implementing IT for E-Government Case Study Solution
- "My Summer Internship" by Antar Al-Qawwee Case Study Solution
- Analyst Conflicts (A): Resolved? Case Study Solution
- Geron Corporation and the Role of Ethics Advice Case Study Solution
- Advertising Experiments at RestaurantGrades Case Study Solution