Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
Olympus (A) Case Study Memo
Case Study Recommendation Memo Assignment
At Fern Fort University, we write Olympus (A) case study recommendation memo as per the Harvard Business Review Finance & Accounting case memo framework. If you are looking for MBA, Executive MBA or Corporate / Professional level recommendation memo then feel free to connect with us.
Other topics that can be covered in the above case memo are Corporate governance, Health . The recommendations in the case memo are - aligned with strategy of the company, based on robust data, and provide a clear roadmap for execution.
Olympus (A) Description
Finance & Accounting Case Study | Authors :: Jay W. Lorsch, Suraj Srinivasan, Kathleen Durante
As 2012 approached the woes of the financial crisis seemed to be fading, companies were resuming business as usual and some of the scrutiny on corporate governance practices began to recede as well. That is until another major financial scandal emerged in Japan in the fall of 2011. It was slowly revealed that the 92-year-old camera and medical photo-imaging company, Olympus, had been hiding its losses for more than a decade - to the tune of $1.7 billion - long before the current economic pressures, slow job growth, and poor investor confidence plagued the global economy. The fraud renewed the focus on corporate governance policies world-wide, but especially in Japan, where the lack of board independence and a deep-rooted corporate culture entrenched in personal loyalties fostered an environment that made it difficult for scandals such as this to be unveiled, let alone for whistleblowers to come forward about them.
Corporate governance, Health
Purpose of Finance & Accounting Case Study Recommendation Memo
Elements of a Case Study Recommendation Memo for – MBA & Executive MBA
1. First Paragraph of Olympus (A) recommendation memo
- This paragraph expresses your intent or action that you required after reading the Olympus (A) case study (This recommends……).
- Topic overview of the case study (the “what”, not “when” or “how”): costs, funding, etc.
2. Background of Olympus (A) case study
This paragraph explains why we are talking about this today. It lays out the story. It provides us details from the case story such as -
- Constraints – Provide a situational analysis based on case study analysis.
Does it explain why action is needed now?
Does the appropriate sense of urgency come across in the case study?
3. Recommendations for Olympus (A) Case Memo
- The details of what, when and how. NO 'why'.
4. Basis for the Recommendations
- Here the reader of the case memo will learn WHY each recommendation is the UNIQUE right thing to do.
- The goal is to read the basis and conclude the recommendation.
- Is the recommendation an inescapable conclusion of the basis?
- Does the basis for recommendation appropriately consider:
1. Core competencies and consistency with mission?
2. External customers and internal clients?
4. Attractiveness – quantitative measures if applicable (e.g., NPV, ROI, break-even, payback)?
- Are all assumptions explicitly stated (e.g., needs, technology trends)?
- Outline other alternatives not selected and provide brief reasoning for doing so.
- Discuss risks and key assumptions for Olympus (A) case memo (use full disclosure, reference options grid) of your recommendation.
- When you give a precise number or range, you must support the basis as well.
- Is the analysis thorough with key alternatives fairly considered using options grid?
- Risks associated with recommendation for Olympus (A) are properly addressed given the present capabilities and future expectations?
6. Next Steps for Olympus (A) case study memo
- Clear follow-up/next steps?
- If appropriate, lay out timeline with key milestones to implement recommendation.
7. Exhibits for Olympus (A) case memo
- An Exhibit can be a data chart, map, graph, grid, or simple data table.
- Exhibits should be cited in the proper order (i.e., do not cite Exhibit 4 first in your Memo and then Exhibit 2).
Checklist for Olympus (A) case study memo exhibit
- Is the analysis presented in the case memo - precise, accurate, and data-based?
- Are the exhibits clearly laid out, titled, and referenced in the case study memo?
- Is every assumption mentioned in the case memo is explicitly listed?
You can order Olympus (A) Case Study Recommendation Memo with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Franklin Health Associates (A) Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Complete Service Billing Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Supply Chain Partners: Virginia Mason and Owens & Minor (B) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Boston Children's Hospital: Measuring Patient Costs (V) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Montefiore Medical Center Porter Five Forces Analysis
Previous 5 Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc. (A) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Lomita Hospital Porter Five Forces Analysis
- American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Catalyst Health Solutions: A Script for Success? Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Southern State University Health System Porter Five Forces Analysis