Order custom Harvard Business Case Study Analysis & Solution. Starting just $19
American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Study Memo
Case Study Recommendation Memo Assignment
At Fern Fort University, we write American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study recommendation memo as per the Harvard Business Review Finance & Accounting case memo framework. If you are looking for MBA, Executive MBA or Corporate / Professional level recommendation memo then feel free to connect with us.
Other topics that can be covered in the above case memo are Corporate governance, Health, Reorganization, Social enterprise . The recommendations in the case memo are - aligned with strategy of the company, based on robust data, and provide a clear roadmap for execution.
American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Description
Finance & Accounting Case Study | Authors :: Robert L. Simons, Hilary A. Weston
Recounts the financial difficulties and management changes experienced by American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region (NER) during the 1980s. After summarizing industry-wide changes in the collection, testing, and distribution of blood and blood products, the case describes the way in which NER management responded to those changes. The types of changes highlighted include: the transition from non-financial to financial planning and monitoring systems; organizational restructuring; increased dissemination of financial information among line management; and conversion to a cost accounting system based on cost center accountability. The primary teaching objective is to illustrate both the need for and the challenges of changing management control systems in response to changes in an organization's marketplace and strategy. The case reveals various factors that must be considered to implement major control changes including management training, differing management styles, information systems capabilities, corporate culture, and a continually changing market.
Corporate governance, Health, Reorganization, Social enterprise
Purpose of Finance & Accounting Case Study Recommendation Memo
Elements of a Case Study Recommendation Memo for – MBA & Executive MBA
1. First Paragraph of American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region recommendation memo
- This paragraph expresses your intent or action that you required after reading the American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study (This recommends……).
- Topic overview of the case study (the “what”, not “when” or “how”): costs, funding, etc.
2. Background of American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study
This paragraph explains why we are talking about this today. It lays out the story. It provides us details from the case story such as -
- Constraints – Provide a situational analysis based on case study analysis.
Does it explain why action is needed now?
Does the appropriate sense of urgency come across in the case study?
3. Recommendations for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Memo
- The details of what, when and how. NO 'why'.
4. Basis for the Recommendations
- Here the reader of the case memo will learn WHY each recommendation is the UNIQUE right thing to do.
- The goal is to read the basis and conclude the recommendation.
- Is the recommendation an inescapable conclusion of the basis?
- Does the basis for recommendation appropriately consider:
1. Core competencies and consistency with mission?
2. External customers and internal clients?
4. Attractiveness – quantitative measures if applicable (e.g., NPV, ROI, break-even, payback)?
- Are all assumptions explicitly stated (e.g., needs, technology trends)?
- Outline other alternatives not selected and provide brief reasoning for doing so.
- Discuss risks and key assumptions for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case memo (use full disclosure, reference options grid) of your recommendation.
- When you give a precise number or range, you must support the basis as well.
- Is the analysis thorough with key alternatives fairly considered using options grid?
- Risks associated with recommendation for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region are properly addressed given the present capabilities and future expectations?
6. Next Steps for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study memo
- Clear follow-up/next steps?
- If appropriate, lay out timeline with key milestones to implement recommendation.
7. Exhibits for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case memo
- An Exhibit can be a data chart, map, graph, grid, or simple data table.
- Exhibits should be cited in the proper order (i.e., do not cite Exhibit 4 first in your Memo and then Exhibit 2).
Checklist for American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region case study memo exhibit
- Is the analysis presented in the case memo - precise, accurate, and data-based?
- Are the exhibits clearly laid out, titled, and referenced in the case study memo?
- Is every assumption mentioned in the case memo is explicitly listed?
You can order American Red Cross Blood Services: Northeast Region Case Study Recommendation Memo with us at Fern Fort University .
Next 5 Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Lomita Hospital Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc. (A) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Olympus (A) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Franklin Health Associates (A) Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Complete Service Billing Porter Five Forces Analysis
Previous 5 Case Study Recommendation Memo
- Catalyst Health Solutions: A Script for Success? Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Southern State University Health System Porter Five Forces Analysis
- Rancho Cucamonga Porter Five Forces Analysis
- The Case of the Unidentified Healthcare Companies -- 2010 Porter Five Forces Analysis
- IN-fusion, Inc. Porter Five Forces Analysis